The symposium will provide a forum for the presentation of new developments in the important interdisciplinary field of biological and medical systems. This involves the development and application of concepts, methods and techniques of modelling, informatics and control of complex biomedical and biological systems, as well as advances in medical technology.
The symposium will address problems in biomedicine, physiology and biology relating to:
- model formulation, experiment design, identification and validation, biosignal analysis and interpretation,
- developments in measurement technology and signal processing,
- tracer kinetic modelling using various imaging systems,
- biomedical system modelling, simulation and visualization,
- decision support and feedback control.
Application areas will include:
- cellular, metabolic, cardiovascular, neurosystems,
- healthcare management and delivery, disease control, critical care,
- pharmacokinetics and drug delivery,
- decision support systems for the control of physiological and clinical variables,
- biomedical imaging systems,
- intensive and chronic therapy,
- control of voluntary movements, respiration,
- rehabilitation engineering including rehabilitation robotics,
- kinetic modelling and control of biological systems, artificial organs and biomechanical systems,
- quantification of physiological parameters for diagnosis assessment.
Any other contribution to the development of modelling and control in biomedical and biological systems will be welcome.